Administrative Assistant Opening
Our Administrative Assistants have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication; administrative and organizational skills; and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. They will have the ability to work independently on account processing, from creation to implementation, must be able to work under pressure, and to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
They help our agents make a difference in the lives of countless people by being highly-trained customer service professionals responsible for handling new business sales processing and administrative support functions. They strive to provide best-in-class service to our agents and clients by making every service experience a positive one. They are customer focused, accountable, efficient and engaged professionals who are dedicated to, and guided by, a commitment to service excellence.
Who We Are
At Sound Financial Group, we go beyond providing ordinary financial guidance and investment services for businesses and individuals. We focus on our client’s unique needs then design and build custom strategies to help meet those needs. This translates to an in-depth knowledge and understanding of tax strategies, financial services, pension plans, insurance, and other tools needed to build an effective financial foundation.
We help individuals, families, small businesses, and corporations navigate through all phases of their wealth-building journey. We are an uncommon financial strategy firm that has a distinct strategy to help our clients create a clear and exciting map for maximizing wealth in every area of life.
We are a team of professionals who share a commitment to doing the right thing for our clients, knowing that people matter, while holding ourselves to the highest of standards.
We use our skills and financial knowledge to help our clients, and those important to them, enjoy financial security and prosperity throughout their lifetime. Their success is our success – and we work tirelessly to create the right strategies to optimize wealth building potential and financial well-being.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including: composing and preparing correspondence that is often confidential; pre-filling forms and arranging complex documents; keeping accurate records of notes and work completed; and pipeline management in CRM software
- Prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response, and when unsure, seeks appropriate guidance before proceeding
- Works closely and effectively with team members and clients to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments, responsibilities, and following up to meet crucial deadlines
- Successfully completes detail-oriented, confidential deliverables and coordinates underwriting requirements for Life, DI and securities products, including new applications, client medical exams, financial records, motor vehicle reports, contract changes and informal inquires
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all firm’s advisors, vendors and clients
- Adheres to, and helps maintain records in alignment with industry compliance standards and applicable federal regulations
- Helps maintain the aesthetics of the office
- Enhances the customer experience through maintaining a positive attitude and committing to address concerns in a timely, sensitive manner whether in person, over the phone, or via email
- Available to work 40 hours Monday-Friday in a professional environment
- Able to pass a stringent background check
- Rigorous organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with many different personality types, including staff, advisors, vendors, clients and centers-of-influence
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful, reliable team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion,
- Adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of client service and response time
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership, and development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Google Drive and Social Media web platforms
- Bachelor's Degree, or AA + 1-year experience, or proven long-term work experience in an office environment
- Current Washington State Life and Health Insurance Licenses
- Current securities licenses, or interest in obtaining securities licenses