Dr. Gary Ward has been a family physician and GP for 30 years. Gary and his wife Claire live in Perth, Western Australia. Gary talks about how we disregard our biology; that somehow in our conceit and entitlement, we have come to think that we are above it. We sometimes forget that we are merely an organism in an environment. Gary also discusses our ancient brain and how we are programmed to respond to threats in the heat of some of life’s most important transactions.
What Was Covered
- 03:00 - Paul admits he has poor self-control when it comes to food.
- 04:20 - Gary begins by discussing the evolution of medicine.
- 06:45 - In today’s modern time, we have more lifestyle diseases than infectious diseases and traumatic injury.
- 09:45 - It’s important to go to the doctor before you get sick!
- 11:00 - Most of today’s diseases can be prevented.
- 13:00 - Why are we talking about healthy on today’s podcast and not money?
- 16:40 - Once you hit a certain income range, it can become incredibly easy to overindulge.
- 17:25 - How frequently should people go see their doctors?
- 20:10 - A good life only occurs if everything in our life is aligned, not just the financial aspect.
- 21:35 - When you have a high-performance lifestyle, your body breaks down a lot faster and has to handle much, much more stress.
- 23:55 - We have to take the time to sleep well! Not sleeping hurts the body’s ability to repair properly.
- 26:20 - Gary discusses what happens when the body doesn’t sleep well.
- 33:15 - Do you have a bad relationship with food?
- 39:15 - Take the time to be on top of your health. Being ‘too busy’ to take care of it leads to deadly results!
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Sound Financial Bites
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’