Marcus “Bellringer” Bell is a veteran music business entrepreneur and music producer. He has marketed and promoted, produced and written for, mentored and artist developed, some of the world’s biggest superstars such as Usher, Britney Spears, and more. Marcus has seen the highs and lows as to what fame can do to somebody’s career and financial future. This is part one of a two-part interview with Marcus, so stay tuned to next week’s show!
For more information visit: bellringer.sfgwa.com
What Was Covered
- 01:25 - Marcus has had his own record company since he was 12 years old.
- 03:35 - What happens to somebody who ‘makes it’?
- 06:25 - Fame and fortune are not synonymous.
- 07:15 - There are two lottos these artists need to win. First, they have to have talent, and second, they have to win the money game as they’re trying to pay off their recording label debts.
- 09:45 - 50 Cent and Lady Gaga both had to file for bankruptcy, for example.
- 13:55 - Most people who have won the lottery are not able to sustain it for long. Fame does the same thing.
- 17:15 - Just because they were successful at creating an album does not always mean they’re fit to run a business like a restaurant.
- 21:45 - Artists don’t get paid for their songs playing on the radio until 9 months later. At least!
- 26:45 - Not only do you have to watch out for paparazzi, now you also have to look out for the IRS. They are also watching your every move much closely.
- 30:45 - Having a ‘this will never end’ mentality further destroys the artist’s wealth.
- 31:00 - Tune in next week for part 2 of this interview!
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Sound Financial Bites
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’