Paul Adams interviews Kevin Short, the Managing Partner & CEO of Clayton Capital Partners, and the author of Sell Your Business for An Outrageous Price. This is two of a two-part interview on Kevin’s process, and how he helps business owners get every last dollar from their hard-earned investment. Be sure to listen to last week’s episode before listening to this one!
For more information visit: kevinshort.sfgwa.com
What Was Covered
- 04:40 - It’s important to have a representative on your side when negotiating the sale of your business to corporate businesses.
- 09:40 - When you have bidders bidding on the business, what’s the process to pick a buyer and close the deal?
- 14:15 - What happens to the deal if one of the bidders doesn’t want to go all the way through with it?
- 16:00 - How does Kevin develop a strong buyer environment with an eager buyer?
- 22:00 - In this particular example, Kevin isn’t negotiating with the buyer, he’s crafting an environment of exclusivity that the buyer can not ignore.
- 24:20 - The client upped their offer from $6 million to $12 million.
- 25:15 - Kevin still turned down the offer!
- 26:35 - Remember, you’re often dealing with professional buyers. They want to get the most bang for their buck.
- 27:35 - Even up to the day of closing, these buyers still tried to re-negotiate the deal.
- 29:55 - Want to buy a business? The same strategy applies. Figure out your exit strategy first.
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Sound Financial Bites
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’