Todd Matthews returns to the Sound Financial Bites studio to turn the tables and interview Paul! He follows up on their in-person interview and gets the background story on Paul’s first foray into investing, lessons learned from his father and how he’s been able to apply those lessons in building Sound Financial Group.
What Was Covered
- 00:30 - Are there times where Design and Build doesn’t work?
- 01:15 - Why it’s more important to plan for your “entirement” as opposed to your retirement
- 04:00 - People who have taken the time to Design and Build a good life will always be better off.
- 05:15 - I don’t help people with money problems, rather money with people problems
- 07:00 - Implied in having a good life, is that it has to be designed to last the rest of our life.
- 07:35 - Addressing the fear involved in speaking with a financial advisor.
- 08:00 - Why the majority of baby boomers don’t want to open the kimono.
- 13:00 - Most advisors are focused on the micro.
- 14:00 - Why Social Security statements are not mailed out any more.
- 16:30 - There is a huge amount of hubris that the baby boomers have had
- 19:50 - Paul’s story from an airplane conversation with a union worker
- 23:20 - If you have 5 hours of gas left on a Cessna plane trip, how long long before you’re dead?
- 30:00 - Why it’s not too late for those that aren’t afraid to take corrective actions
- 30:15 - Why Paul started the podcast and the importance of its reach
- 34:20 - Start talking about money with your family today!
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Sound Financial Bites
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’