Paul discusses what happens when a market crashes, and how you can leverage it to your benefit. It is in the financial institution's personal interest to keep you worried and believing that the sky is falling. They are constantly providing ‘shocking’ points to keep your eyeballs glued to the screen. Paul asks that you don’t fall for it. Focus on the facts, not the fears, in front of you, and you will come out ahead.
What Was Covered
- 01:50 - We often don’t understand why the markets are going up and down.
- 02:05 - Is the sky falling? According to the media, yes.
- 05:30 - Will the stock market crash in 2016?
- 06:00 - Those who are telling us the sky is falling all have an interest in trying to get your attention.
- 11:20 - Let’s talk history. How many market crashes have really happened?
- 13:35 - Paul walks you through a couple of hypothetical scenarios of what happens to an average investment portfolio during a market crash.
- 14:05 - Let’s assume there will be another market crash in the future. We just don’t know when yet.
- 19:25 - Through examples of history, there’s a good chance your portfolio won’t be affected long-term when there’s a market crash.
- 21:45 - If you broke strategy during a market crash, you would have taken a loss.
- 23:15 - History says market crashes do recover.
- 24:15 - Don’t abandon strategy when things become uncertain.
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Sound Financial Bites
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’