Ryan Burklo is a member and guest blogger for the Washington Technology Industry Association as well as a registered representative and financial advisor for Park Avenue Securities. Today Ryan discusses with Paul how tech executives can secure their wealth and protect their finances. Ryan and Paul have both seen complexities in the finances of those who work in the tech industry. This may be because tech executives work for well-established firms like Microsoft and then move to tech startups who do not have a strong financial program available to them. Combine this with busy executives’ time constraints and it often leads to an uninformed financial strategy that won’t do much good in the future.
What Was Covered
- 01:45 - You can download the first three chapters of the Sound Financial Advice book by going to the website.
- 02:55 - What are some of the common problems Ryan sees when tech executives try to take control of their financial future?
- 04:50 - When executives do find time to discuss their financial future with an adviser, often times the spouse is not free to join them.
- 07:00 - Due to time constraints, executives do not have a holistic view of their finances. They just put a band-aid on one particular thing and move on.
- 08:05 - You should never meet with your financial advisor when you’re in a rush. This is your financial future. Get it right the first time.
- 10:15 - Make your finances a priority. The amount of time you invest into it now will pay back in the future.
- 12:15 - What happens if the spouse doesn’t want to be part of the financial decision?
- 15:25 - Why do people in the tech industry seem to have the most problems with securing their finances?
- 18:55 - One of the most important things you can do is build a strong financial strategy and then hold it.
- 21:00 - Ryan talks about disability insurance in the tech industry.
- 24:30 - Feel free to refer this episode to anyone who may benefit and whom this topic applies to.
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Sound Financial Bites
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’