Sound Financial Group (SFG) is excited to welcome you to Sound Financial Bites, where we bring you bite-sized pieces of financial knowledge to help you design and build a good life. In the 11th episode, Paul Adams, CEO and President of Sound Financial Group, chats with Cory Shepherd, Vice President of SFG. Cory lives in Seattle with his wife Danielle; they love to explore the area and to hang out with friends over a good meal. Cory is the key component at the firm, working with advisors and coaching them to a level of high performance. Cory shares with us a technique that he uses to help people focus on whats imperative to them. This method was created by Cory's Business Coach, Steve Dannunzio, President of Soul Purpose Institute.
What Was Covered
- 01:52 - What is an Intention Statement?
- 02:13 - Cory's Business Coach, Steve Dannunzio, President of Soul Purpose Institute.
- 02:41 - Start and end your day reading your Intention Statement.
- 05:05 - Repetition, Repetition, Repetition will help engrain your goals in your mind.
- 05:32 - The bigger the organization the further amplified your focus of distraction becomes.
- 06:00 - Cory built a version of this on sfgwa.com>podcast/blog section, scroll down to find the worksheet. DO NOT DOWNLOAD NOW, WAIT UNTIL YOU ANSWER THE QUESTIONS.
- 08:05 - #1 What is your unique ability?
- 10:38 - #2 What is your most important goal for 2016?
- 11:08 - #3 How will you feel when this goal is accomplished?
- 11:53 - #4 Write down your #1 action step needed to create a favorable outcome for achieving your goal.
- 12:40 - #5 Write down your #2 action step, one that you are struggling with the discipline to do.
- 14:50 - Make sure your Intention Statement doesn't include negativity.
- 15:13 - What doesn't the term Hard Easy mean?
- 16:00 - #6 State your mission for your clients or customers.
- 17:29 - Overview of Pauls answers to his fictitious company.
- 18:45 - NOW DOWNLOAD WORKSHEET and plug your answers into it.
- 20:47 - Thoughts are like a creek running, its always going to cut deeper whatever thought you have.
- 22:55 - Cory and Paul share what they want listeners to get out of their Intention Statement.
"It's not the absence to be committed to a goal; it is the absence of memory to accomplish it."
"Repetition, Repetition, Repetition will help establish your goals in your mind."
"Start and end your day reading your Intention Statement."
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Sound Financial Bites
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’