Sound Financial Group (SFG) is excited to Welcome you to Sound Financial Bites, where we bring you bite sized pieces of financial knowledge to help you design and build a good life. In the 9th episode, Paul Adams, CEO and President of Sound Financial Group, chats with Tyler Parris. Tyler is the author of Chief of Staff: The Strategic Partner Who Will Revolutionize Your Organization. It’s a book about being able to create somebody or hire somebody in your organization who becomes a totally different role. Tyler is a Hudson certified executive and leadership coach. He left Corporate America a year and a half ago to pursue his coaching practice. See the bottom of this page for full show notes and to download a free copy of the transcript for this episode.
What Was Covered
- 03:02 - The story of why Tyler wrote the book.
- 03:37 - Paul lets us know how they met.
- 04:34 - Chief of Staff is not a fancy name for an Executive Assistant (EA).
- 05:39 - What is translational ability?
- 07:25 - What is the role of the Chief of Staff?
- 08:20 - Learn the philosophy behind the book.
- 09:29 - The Chief of Staff role is to own that owner’s concerns.
- 10:36 - How does a Chief of Staff act like a buffer?
- 14:23 - Learn about the Universal Competencies.
- 16:28 - When you can't remember everybody's name in your organization, it's time to start thinking of a Chief of Staff.
- 18:03 - Promoting someone can have dissension in the ranks.
- 19:40 - What is peer coaching?
- 20:46 - Tyler will coach your key team member.
- 21:54 - Don't be afraid of the pay scale differentials.
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Sound Financial Bites
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’