Sound Financial Group (SFG) is excited to Welcome you to Sound Financial Bites, where we bring you bite sized pieces of financial knowledge to help you design and build a good life. In the eighth episode, Paul Adams, CEO and President of Sound Financial Group, shares with us the importance of holding steady in an ever changing market.
What Was Covered
- 02:20 - What should you do if the market goes up and down?
- 02:41 - Why do you want to be disciplined in your investing?
- 03:13 - People would much rather work to avoid a loss than to produce a gain.
- 03:30 - Since 1928, there have been 87 market drops of 10% or more, and 23 market drops of 20% or more.
- 03:39 - Since 1946, it has taken the market only 111 days on average to rise back to its pre-crash level.
- 04:26 - CDs at a bank you are going to get a miserable rate of return. (No Risk)
- 05:04 - When you put money into the market the market goes up and down. (Opinion Based)
- 05:21 - Volatility gives us a rate of return.
- 06:10 - The uncertainty is the thing that provides us the solution, it's not the problem. We have to stay disciplined and effective in our strategy over time.
- 06:37 - What is the S&P 500?
- 07:16 - Paul shares with us some information about different stock market crashes.
- 09:22 - Learn about the Tech Bubble crash.
- 10:44 - We are either saving money over life or we are deploying money out of our investments.
- 10:52 - Should I have stayed in the market, even after a crash?
- 11:31 - Set and hold strategy!
- 12:07 - Black Monday! What would have happened to your money if you held with your strategy?
- 14:13 - Tragedy does a great job at keeping our attention.
- 16:51 - How much did the S&P 500 drop on Black Tuesday? Listen to what would have happened if you held steady
in the market for just 20 years after.
- 18:58 - Don't blindly take risks! You need to look at your portfolios.
- 20:24 - Overcome market forces by simply holding steady and watching our behavior. In future podcasts we’ll talk about safety and peace of mind for you.
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Sound Financial Bites
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’