In this episode, Paul talks about the appropriate actions to take and ones to avoid to weather any financial storm that may come our way. Paul opens up the show by honing in on three factors: new year, rough markets and new behavior.
There has been a notable amount of negativity surrounding how people discuss the market from both the media and individuals. In the year ahead, however, Paul challenges us to not expose ourselves to this negative thought process regarding rough markets. Instead, Paul urges us to decontextualize the way we think about the volatility of markets as an opportunity rather than a threat. By maintaining a consistent financial strategy in both times of fortune and in times of downturn, we can capitalize and experience a greater return when the market inevitably rebounds.
Finally, Paul stresses the importance of building a portfolio that is both academically allocated as well as globally diversified. Employing this strategy will lead to a greater likelihood of success.
What Was Covered
- 02:06 – Introducing today’s topic: Weathering the Financial Storm
- 02:27 – Why constantly talking about a horrible market limits your behaviors
- 05:12 – What to watch for in the new year ahead
- 07:57 – Paul interrupts the podcast to provide the audience with a special offer
- 08:59 – Paul reminds the audience that regardless of the storm, the sun will shine again
- 10:03 – Paul urges those who may be on shaky financial ground to reach out to Sound Financial Group
- 10:54 – The Greece financial crisis
- 12:06 – The most important decision about your portfolio
- 12:37 – Paul provides actionable advice for those looking to build a portfolio that is academically allocated and globally diversified
“What we may find this year or next year, but certainly over the next ten or twenty years, is that the market continues to rebound. And the reason the market rebounds is because there are entrepreneurs.”
Sound Financial Group’s Website for a Financial Inquiry Call - [email protected] (Inquiry in the subject)
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
Click this link – Sound Financial Bites
Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
Click on ‘Write a Review’