In this episode, Paul Adam’s sits down with Cory Shepherd to introduce season four of the Sound Financial Bites podcast and to explain the White Coat Window. The White Coat Window refers to the period of time immediately after someone experiences a substantial increase in income, which leads to a series of critical financial decisions.
Paul and Cory discuss how to navigate the White Coat Window to avoid financial ruin and strike the balance between increasing your quality of life and pursuing long-term financial health.
What Was Covered
- 1:10 - Announcing Season 4 of Sound Financial Bites
- 2:04 - Introducing Cory Shepherd as the co-host
- 2:50 - What is the white coat window?
- 5:45 - Navigating financial decisions during an income transitions
- 8:00 - How the white coat window applies to all professionals
- 11:25 - “Watch What You Say, It Could Cost You Millions”
- 12:56 - How to find your white coat window
- 13:30 - Why lottery winners often ruin their financial lives
- 14:40 - Cognitive liabilities
- 16:00 - Setting yourself up for long-term financial growth
- 18:00 - Stop ‘Shoulding’ on yourself
- 19:00 - The story of Paul’s cardiologist friend who squandered his white coat window
- 21:44 - Overview of Season 4
“There is a window of time, six months to one year after they have this large income increase, where the decisions... could be the difference between them barely limping over the finish line and being able to retire with a fraction of what they made.”
“The white coat window is this idea that physicians... have this phenomenon where their income jumps in a few key places, after med school and... they have the opportunity to make a set of financial decisions that really get them set up for life.”
“Entrepreneurs run into it. Executives run into it: where there's always this unique time where we were making less money... and suddenly something changes in your career, and you now have this large spike in income.”
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
Click this link – Sound Financial Bites
Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
Click on ‘Write a Review’