In this episode, Paul dispels the myth of “finding balance” in life and gives practical advice on why and how to allocate money in short, mid, and long-term buckets. He talks about how to be more effective in reaching your life goals by designing disciplines that benefit multiple facets of your life.
Towards the end, Paul explains the two primary methods for mid-term savings and shares a sneak peek about two upcoming books from him and Cory Shepherd.
What Was Covered
- 2:00 - What does "balance" really mean?
- 2:45 - Why life is not about balance
- 3:12 - Orchestration
- 3:50 - Practical examples of orchestration in life
- 5:17 - The many facets to a flourishing life
- 5:50 - How to be more efficient and conquer your goals
- 6:45 - Effectively orchestrating short-term and mid-term savings
- 7:50 - What lies between today and retirement?
- 8:50 - Overview of the three money buckets
- 9:40 - How do we handle the mid-term bucket?
- 11:33 - Mid-term option one: Non-qualified portfolios
- 11:55 - Mid-term option two: Whole life insurance
- 12:25 - Lessons in life insurance
- 15:40 - The benefits of whole life insurance
- 16:12 - Two upcoming books from Paul and Cor
- 17:37 - Wealth coordination account
- 18:46 - Paul’s key takeaways
"Certainly, you should have anywhere from 3 months to 1 year worth of expenses as a household in your short-term bucket. You need to have money in your long-term bucket. But at the same time, we need to be building this mid-term bucket."
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
Click this link – Sound Financial Bites
Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
Click on ‘Write a Review’