In this episode, Paul speaks about the kinds of external pressures that push in on entrepreneurs that make them think they’re being as successful as they can be with their money, even though they may not be doing the right things that lead to long-term financial well being in their personal balance sheet. He explores what things business owners have been taught and are attracted by. He also encourages you to listen in this episode for things that may resonate with you, such as things that have not made you as effective in building your personal balance sheet, the story of Odysseus and the siren’s song, and the sage advice Jeff Miller’s grandfather gave to him.
What Was Covered
- 03:40 - The story of Odysseus
- 05:35 - The similarity between the sirens’ song and business failure
- 07:59 - What’s the last thing that can go wrong for business owners
- 09:22 - What Paul wants you to think about in this episode
- 09:51 - How much money are you actually making from the business
- 12:09 - Why the extra amount of money on your balance sheet can distract you
- 12:49 - Why you should intentionally create scarcity in your business
- 15:13 - What entrepreneurs should think about
- 17:56 - The advice Jeff Miller’s grandfather gave to him
"Much like the sirens’ song, many business owners end up with the same levels of financial failure and retirement as your average everyday employees and executives because the business just gets wound down at some point."
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
Click this link – Sound Financial Bites
Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
Click on ‘Write a Review’