Listen to the Episode Here:
Sound Financial Group is excited to welcome you to Sound Financial Bites, where we bring you bite sized pieces of financial knowledge to help you design and build a good life. In the second episode, Paul Adams, CEO and President of Sound Financial Group, discusses the bucket conversation. Not just asset allocation and investing risks, but rather when our money will be used.
What We Covered
- 02:00 - Paul gives tips and narratives of good life structures, and good life practices and habits.
- 02:17 - Paul shares with us the good life practice and habit of the day.
- 02:27 - Getting things done, which is a philosophy built by David Allen.
- 02:33 - Learn how to get organized with a secret tool to help you stay organized, keep your commitments and keep things on track in your daily life.
- 02:54 - Paul talks about the two major areas people are familiar with called short-term and long-term buckets.
- 03:03 - Learn about the 4 attributes for short-term investments.
- 03:50 - What are the benefits over long-term vs short-term buckets?
- 04:44 - Why is dividing your money into these two buckets a problem?
- 05:54 - Paul shares with us the third bucket, which is called the mid-term bucket.
- 06:04 - The key to a successful short-term bucket is a year of liquidity.
- 07:13 - What are the attributes for a mid-term bucket?
- 07:48 - Long-term investments are 401K, Real Estate Investments, Ownership of a business, and IRAs.
- 09:48 - Whole Life Insurance is a great mid-term bucket.
- 11:42 - Paul discusses the importance of building a balance between the three buckets.
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Sound Financial Bites
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’